A place to share ideas, techniques, products and most of all fun! We hope you will enjoy our projects and also share yours. Please feel free to comment and/or ask questions anytime!
RSS

Friday 16 January 2015

Inspiration Wednesday - Grow

For 2015 I decided to join Donna Downey's new Inspiration Wednesday online workshop. It's a great opportunity to explore new art techniques and hopefully learn some fun new things! If you're participating in Inspiration Wednesday, please let us know. If you aren't, please consider joining the fun at Donna Downey Studios.

Here's my first Inspiration Wednesday Journal Page:

Click to enlarge

I'm not "thrilled" with the way it turned out. My letter stencils weren't the best for this technique, the light molding paste I tried to use for texture instead of heavy gesso didn't apply like I had wanted, and I'm not sure my glazing liquid application was correct. I tried to add some more dimension by adding some harvest-y stickers, but I'm not sure if they add or detract. I'm hoping to improve as we go, but then that is the point of the endeavour - and why the term "Grow" is so appropriate for my first page.

Comments welcome.

Supplies:

Dylusions Art Journal
Acrylic Paint
Gesso
Light Molding Paste
Acrylic Glazing Liquid

0 comments:

Post a Comment