A place to share ideas, techniques, products and most of all fun! We hope you will enjoy our projects and also share yours. Please feel free to comment and/or ask questions anytime!
RSS

Monday 19 January 2015

Winter Queen

Okay, confession time - I'm struggling a bit with this style. I wanted to try and emulate a style I see a lot of people creating some beautiful work with, but I have yet to master the technique to my satisfaction. Perhaps I should be trying to stick more to my style and adopt smaller elements of new ideas, rather than biting off more than I could chew from the start. I'm a big paper collection user so my preferences tend to lean more towards brighter, busier layouts. I'm not giving up....just trying to figure out the best approach.

Comments are welcome, or please feel free to follow our blog.

Click to enlarge
The picture I printed from Pinterest, and I thought it was beautiful, and perfect for this white space layout. But I have a love-hate relationship with this layout. I like the left side...I think....but I think there's a design disconnect between it and the bottom right corner. I went wrong when the glitter ritz I used on the bottom layer was darker than I thought and the color blue didn't match up. And again, I'm new to this whole "spray splatter" idea. While I love the concept and a lot of people produce some beautiful work, I have yet to master the technique to my satisfaction.

Supplies:

Cardstock - Bazzil and DCWV
Patterned Paper - Bo Bunny Powder Mountain and Hot off the Press Color Me Music
Martha Stewart Doilies
Metal Dies - Die-namics
Darice Embossing Folder
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Sapphire
Glitter Ritz - Canadian Blue
Molding Paste
Stencils, Mosaics and Ribbon - Unknown
Dollar store extra embellishments

0 comments:

Post a Comment